Vitamin C Alkaloid
Ascorbic acid 500 mg
Ascorbic acid is a hydrosoluble vitamin, which, together with its active metabolite, dihydroascorbic acid, takes part in the oxidoreductive reactions. It is essential for creation of collagen, present in the formation of bones, teeth, skin, connective tissue, tendons and blood vessels. Collagen is indispensable for biosynthesis of catheholamines and quarnitine; it takes part in the metabolism of some amino acids, the folic acid and iron. As a potent reductor, it neutralizes the harmful oxidants and free radicals.
- Prevention and treatment of vitamin C deficiency – scurvy;
- Conditions demanding increased vitamin C intake (hemodyalisis, GI diseases, tuberculosis, neoplasma, gastric ulcer, hyperthyroidism, elevated body temperature, stress, contagious diseases, burns, smoking, alcoholism, cold climate stay, following surgical interventions, heavy physical work, pregnancy, lactation, period of growth and use of some medicines (barbiturates, prymidone, slaicilates);
- Condiitons of decreased vitamin C intake: patients solely on parenteral nutrition, persons undergoing dietetic regime or vitamin C deficient nutrition;
- Iron over-dosage: administered concomitantly with deferoxamine it enhances iron excretion;
- Treatment of idiopathic methemoglobinemia.
Box with 250 tablets (25 strips x 10 tablets)